Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

World of Cats

Nine Lives

28mm scale

Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece of nature.





In the overgrown ruins of a long-abandoned human city, a colony of cats are living their best lives...

Most of the cat miniatures are from Bad Squiddo Games.  The diorama base is made from thin plywood and foamcore board, coated with polyfilla.  This piece was inspired by playing the video game "Stray", as well as a couple of stunning dioramas by Roman Lappat:




4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love the composition, the colours, the mere fact that the central theme are cats. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I'm really glad you appreciate this. I'm glad the composition worked because TBH I kind of just winged it. I was more interested in the kitties 😁

      Delete
  2. That's nice and vibrant and catty :)

    I played the first few minutes of Stray but turned it off after the cat fell down a hole and hurt its leg. This snowflake doesn’t have the emotional bandwidth for that stuff, so I went back to games about human-on-human violence...

    Funny how that works...

    MOAR miniature kitties PLZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, kitty recovers quickly. The rest of the game is not without perils, to be sure. But it's basically impossible to die from falling.

      I do have more cats, I will put your request into the queue :D

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!