Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

What's that WHEEKing sound?

Mysterious Wasteland Character (Guinea Pig Mimic)
28mm

Crimson and clover
over and over...




As you sift the rubble for anything useful to add to your gear or trade for bottlecaps in town, you hear a sound.  Scrambling for a hiding spot, you see an odd figure approaching. Masked and shrouded, it's humanoid enough at first glance, but its movement is an odd combination of shuffling and lurching, with legs hidden under a long overcoat.  And you think you hear squeaking...


This is certainly one of the strangest and most unique figures I've ever seen, let alone painted!  Annie Norman of Bad Squiddo Games has a well-known obsession with guinea pigs, and this figure is clearly the oddball product of that.  I love it.


9 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fantastic. Marvellous miniature and what a corking paint-job you've give it. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O
    That's amazing. The Guinea pigs details are both cute and unsettling. I love everything here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's just weird. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to understand what I was looking at. Wow...

    Clever colour choices, specially dig the contrast created between the green and the red rubble on the ground.

    Not sure if there are 2 tubes painted regular fashioned on his chest or you did an excellent sky earth nmm effect on one tubing.

    I guess it's hard to read for my old eyes. Looks cool tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... green and red. Yes that was _totally_ intentional :P. The thing on his chest is actually a bullet bandolier. I get you about old eyes though... Like mine!

      Glad everyone likes this. "Wow" is right, it was a real find, and so fun to paint! I saved the GPs for last, and couldn't wait to get started on them :D

      Delete
  5. This figurine is so unique. Lovely painting by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gives me the creeps. Splendid job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s an amazing figure, I played a gestalt character in heroes unlimited; a writhing pile of rats writhing together in a rough human form under a trench coat equipped with powerful psionic abilities. Your figure brings back memories. The leather is very nicely executed, the guinea pig poking out the back is also a nice touch by the sculptor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!