Pages

Monday, September 09, 2019

Ethereal Eternian

The Sorceress of Castle Greyskull
28 mm


Eternia... a strange land of mighty heroes, where mystical forces and arcane technology coexist.  A land in peril from the perpetual plans of the forces of evil...  One of its most powerful protectors is a mysterious Sorceress, who resides in the ancient Castle Greyskull.

The sorceress is, obviously, a character from "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", a toy line and cartoon that I, like many North American kids, enjoyed in the 1980's.  I was thrilled to find that Quest Miniatures produces a number of excellent MOTU figures.

The "light " photo might be better... I always struggle with this stuff.
I didn't follow the "canon" look for her exactly, but I think the result was a bit more dramatic in contrast between the front and back of the figure.

Readers may remember I posted a while back about some amazing 80's nostalgia figures I found... including these ones.  In a moment of weakness, I bought the entire set of MOTU core heroes and villains from Quest.  "Man-At-Arms" is next on the painting queue:




12 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous, vibrant work.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent brush work and great models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'd really love to see the whole batch painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most beautiful, Allison. Can't wait to see all the MOTU characters done. Where can one buy these models, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit the link to Quest Miniatures in my write-up 🙂

      Delete
  5. Oh man, almost crapped my pants out!

    At my age seeing stuff like that makes my heart pump!

    TBH I really can't decide which background works better pic-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of how I felt when I found them on Etsy, TBH!

      :D

      Delete
  6. Awesome work on the sorceress ... she looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like this figure as much as I do.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, smooth and vibrant colours, a great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!