Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Cowabunga Cruiser

Turtle Party Wagon
15mm scale

YO! It's the green machine
Gonna rock the town without being seen
Have you ever seen a turtle get down?
Slammin and jammin to the new swing sound
Yeah, everybody let's move
Vanilla is here with the New Jack Groove
Gonna rock, And roll this place
With the power of the ninja turtle bass

Gotta have some cool wheels while you're cruising NYC to take down Shredder and The Foot!

This (pizza) slice of the late 80's was a random Hot Wheels find at the dollar store before Christmas.  It's a very faithful design, AND pretty much perfectly 15mm scale!  All it needed was a paint job.


Of course I had to add some Big Apple civic pride along with the other graffiti:

And now for the kicker... A while ago, as part of a swap, @winnipegmichael on Instagram sent me these incredibly obscure TMNT figures he'd painted.  They're big-15mm scale, and this van suits them absolutely!



8 comments:

  1. That's great work, and the turtles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? They're adorable! I'd love to paint them myself, but I certainly wouldn't strip down a nice painted gift!

      He said they're from "Flytrap factory", but their site's not working right now, and I suspect these are OOP anyway :(

      Delete
  2. Oh, haha, you made my day with this, now I'm smiling, thank you :)
    Pretty nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. I'm glad I caused a smile in these times :)

      Delete
  3. Hell, yeah! Next I want the technodrome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this in the stores and thought about using it for Gaslands. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a wee bit small for Gaslands' nominal 20mm scale, but why not? It's a game, fun... scale shouldn't hold you up :)

      As Skully says, make a Technodrome to go with it :D

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!