Pages

Saturday, April 02, 2022

Dark Troopers

Viridian Marines
28 mm

I got no face, no name, I'm just a killing machine


These sinister soldiers, Viridian Colonial Marines from Scotia Grendel, have been sitting in my lead pile for a LONG time (so long that I'm very surprised they're still in production).  These sure aren't my best paint jobs, but I decided it was time to get them done.  I always imagined them resembling the horrible fascist troopers in the anime "Jin-Roh", and that's definitely the look here.

I tried a variant of gently drybrushing with a fairly wet brush to speed-paint them, but they definitely turned out looking... drybrushed.  As chalky as a glass of metamucil.  Oh well.


"Halt!  Who are you?  You're in the wrong place, citizen..."



3 comments:

  1. They look great, and that last posed shot, just *chef kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when you say these may not be your best paintjobs I think they look really great. The variations you got on such monochromatic minis make them quite interesting models

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, subdued but clean lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!