Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2022

Jolly Old Elf

Aviator Santa
28 mm

"Let's get this crate in the air!" Nicholas roared, above the drumming sound of ten rotary engines and the near-hypersonic whine of the temporal glaciator.  Elves frantically loaded the last of the cargo containers, packed with presents, through the belly hatch and secured the doors.  Pulling his scarf snug about his neck, he grabbed Mrs. Claus and gave her a big kiss.  "Smoke me a kipper, darling, I'll be back by morning!"  Then he climbed the ladder into the cockpit.  The elves pulled the wheelblocks, and the Sleigh thundered down the runway and lifted off into the Arctic night.

 

This one is a bit late, it only showed up in my mailbox days before Christmas.  It was a lot of fun to paint; I love his Heroic Pose and dashing flight cap and goggles.  I got it from North Star Military Figures, but it doesn't seem to be offered for sale there any more.  Perhaps next December :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love this one. The pose, the attitude... everything. Nice work on those reds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!