Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Gaslands Jet Set

Gaslands cars
approx. 20mm scale

Raise the sights, the city lights are calling
We're hot tonight, the time is right, there's nitro in the air
In the street is where we'll meet, we're warning
On the beat, we won't retreat, beware

Thousands of cars and a million guitars
Screaming with power in the air
We've found the place where the decibels race
This army of rock will be there

"Go Fasta"



"Hornet":


I don't play Gaslands, but a few things came together and prompted me to have a go at this thrifty flavour of post-apocalyptic modeling.  Over at Sho3box, he's been Gasland-ing the entire Hot Wheels holiday calendar one day at a time... couple that with me being out toy shopping for Christmas, and it was pretty much inevitable.


To try and have a bit of a theme, I picked up two cars with a little... extra in the propulsion department: the "Custom El Camino" and the "2 Jet Z". Sho3box's quick and surprisingly effective conversion protocol leaves the original paintjob intact and adds weathering, but since both these cars lacked colour, I primed and totally repainted them.  Weapons and other additions are from my bitz box (though conversion sprues are available). Results: very satisfactory.  Ready to go hunting in the wastelands!

We have the apocalypse in Ontario, too ;D
(The road signs are from the Ontario government Driver's Handbook website, printed to suitable size. So easy!)

7 comments:

  1. These are very different from your usual hobbying. Lovely conversions, simple and effective without going over the top. I also like the signs and the way you weathered them, they fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.
    A very solid wasteland warrior pairing there, great car choices. The 2 Jet Z reminds me of Papagallo's "Lone Wolf" from Mad Max 2, but the Hornet colour scheme is nicer.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration! I might try a few more of these at some point... Pick something colourful and use your method more closely 🙂

      Delete
  3. They look pretty nice, I like the job you did here. They look properly weathered and both of them tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road signs are a great touch. Adds realism in leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaslands seems to be all over the place... Must... Resist...

    I'll stick with the red one. Dat cannon! Plus its red and it takes no rocket scientist to know red improves the speed.

    So impressed about the (lack) of weathering. I mean, take a look out there: people go crazy and overdo weathering like it was Panzer modelling...

    I wish u Have happy holidays and a merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit late to the Gaslands vibe, but I've really been looking into converting Hot Wheels lately. Glad to see you've knocked up a few as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!