Pages

Monday, April 06, 2015

Ten Years of Painting Agency!


What?  It's the tenth anniversary of my first post here?  How is this possible?  That's positively ancient in internet years.  To put it in perspective, in 2005 there was no Instagram, no Twitter, Facebook was for students only, and "Cool Mini or Not" was still my hobby website of choice.  I'd never painted a 15mm figure in my life, and this was my first work posted:


There have definitely been some changes over the years: fewer trivial WIPs and "look what I bought" posts, more comments and followers (thanks, guys!).  I got started painting smaller figures when I tried "Flames of War" WW2 models, and now I don't often paint 25/28 mm figures.  The 15 mm sci-fi renaissance has provided endless material that suits my new interests and time constraints.  On the downside, I think my technique has stagnated a fair bit from not being pushed, but I've also shifted my style to one which complements smaller sculpts.

Will I still be doing this in a few years?  I don't know, life goes on.  I certainly hope so, and right now I enjoy the synergy of painting/posting, and definitely appreciate all the feedback I get.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I always enjoy your posts. Here's to ten more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I look forward to another 10 years, in which I can enjoy seeing your beautiful painted and converted miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done sir! There's always room to push in 15mm... Or rather there's not much room to paint, so everything gets increasingly challenging! Hope to see you posting for another decade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Mr. M. Always look forward to your adventure with paint and brush and basing in the world of 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I look forwards to where the hobbying takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, ten years, positively ancient. Please dont stop :)

    I absolutely love the 15mms that I see here and I look forward to every post. The colours and high contrast press all of my toy soldier buttons.

    The only thing that would improve this place for me would be an otpion to subscribe via email. Wordpress frosty relationship with Blogger means that I miss things here and have to go back and comment in a block, like I am about to do now...

    Congratulations Allison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise, thank you! :). As for the email notifications, I'll have a look and see if a widget can be added to the blog. It only makes sense... I find the emails I get about YOUR blog to be a handy reminder.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!