Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

B-Movie Madness!

"With the swiftness of a deadly cosmic ray, the Earth is invaded by indestructible Moon monsters. Their ghastly mission: death for all Humans!"

Robot Monster
15 mm


So I finally got around to painting one of Khurasan's awesome B-movie critters!  In the original monochrome of course, since a movie this bad had nowhere near the budget to use Technicolor... 

"There is no escape from me!  Very well, I will recalculate... your death will be indescribable.  Fool humans!  There is no escape!"
 
A slightly more thematic presentation...

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Genius...a black & white character!! Ah, you've got to love the 1950s! Also, the Movie poster is great. All-in-all I've been entertained very well and had my 1st morning chuckle...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. The black and white scheme works really well for this guy. I've had Bob Olley's 28mm version of this character in my pile of unpainted miniatures for quite a while. I like this 15mm version though too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ultimate in 'limited palette'! Really nice, Allison. I see all these wonderful figures, and instantly want to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me likes! no quatermass minis arround ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. javi: Quatermass? Where would you even...? Actually I only watched the last of those, with the teenagers having big orgies at the stone circles and being vaporized. It was so WEIRD.

    Anyway, glad everyone likes this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work, as usual. That 25mm base really give you room to make a nice scene around the 15mm fig. It matches what I remember from the movie surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mike. BTW, if it's not totally obvious, the monochrome "vegetation" is just some dark grey foam padding from a mini blister pack, torn up and drybrushed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really great piece Allison. Has an awesome vintage feel to the miniature and it looks real cool. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking result there Allison! Have you seen Robot Monster? It really is painfully bad. Plan 9 is much unintentionally funnier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!