Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The game's afoot...

"A Nasty Discovery Behind the Vicarage"
30 mm




As she glanced up from the ditch to scan the nearby pasture with a shrewd eye, Miss Chumleigh mentally tallied at least ten people who'd have wanted to do the old man in. Of course, in her experience, detective work was rarely blessed with a paucity of suspects.

"Natural" bases have always been difficult for me. I can never seem to muster enough disorder and variety to make them look convincing. Here I'm convinced my river is too smooth, my leaf litter just a little too carefully placed, and my grass looks like somebody's unmowed lawn (or just like static grass). But overall, I'm pleased with the result.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good! The leaf litter looks good, and the grass looks fine. Now that it's done it has great narrative quality, too.

    The biggest problem for me is the slope of the bank compared to the way the body lies in the water. The water appears to be a thin sheet leading right up to the aggressively sloped bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh snap! that looks great! I really like the scene you made, and the leaf litter is a very nice addition!

    Thank you very much for the suggestions, I think I'll go that route. Lava did seem very over-used! so Thanks for your expert advice :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!