Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Big Game

In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt, I'm after you
Scent and a sound
I'm lost and I'm found
And I'm hungry like the wolf


Huntarr aliens
20 mm



So I finally acquired up some of Khurasan's "Huntarr".  These are technically 15mm scale but have been bulked up over their "Vacation Alien" cousins to be rather more intimidating!  There are a couple of sets available - typical lightly armed hunters, heavier rifle-toting shock troops and a chieftain.  I'll probably just paint these few guys up due to time constraints.


The obligatory size comparison, since pics of these figures are few and far between out there...


Danny Glover could still kick their butts, though.

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your paint job. However, just because they're 20mm tall doesn't mean their not 15mm scale. Taller creatures don't shrink to be 15mm in hight in 15mm scale. Predator actor Kevin Peter Hall was over 7ft tall so he's not going to me 15mm tall in 15mm scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt: good point... though if KPH's height is the canonical standard Predator height, these would still be pretty big creatures in 15 mm scale!

    For example here is a photo of him in costume, with some average-height crew members.
    http://maslidukan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/peterhall.jpg
    (bonus: it's kind of a cute photo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these new as I can't get any pictures up on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angrylurker: funny about that... They are new-ish, but I'm not sure how new, as I can't keep up with KM's new releases (let alone my painting...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angry Lurker they have been out for a while but you will not see any pics of them on the site incase a C&D letter is sent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!