Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Dear Murderbot Diary

Freelance Murderbots
28mm

So, I’m awkward with actual humans. It’s not paranoia about my hacked governor module, and it’s not them; it’s me. I know I’m a horrifying murderbot, and they know it, and it makes both of us nervous, which makes me even more nervous. - "All Systems Red" by Martha Wells


 


 Designed as tough, obedient cybernetic fighters, a few SecUnit AI's were able to circumvent their own programming and become truly autonomous beings.  Some of these came to eschew violence altogether, preferring to live as civilians and binge-watch episodes of Sanctuary Moon.  But others chose to earn a living in the way they were still best-equipped to - as guards, mercenaries, and bounty hunters.

These stylish miniatures are Stargrave "Old Rogues: the Robots" from North Star Military Figures.



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love the trio!
    The red one is the best! Very strong oldschool vibe here! 😎

    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's actually inspired by the colorful sci-fi art of Chris Foss (though I didn't choose to replicate his over-the-top patterns). I'm glad that you like them!

      Delete
    2. Pfff...
      I am always glad when I spot piece of characterful paintwork... 😎

      Delete
  2. Ohh, both of them are eye candy, they instil personality, cool job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paint jobs on some lovely figures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!