Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

A nose for history

Quintorius Kand, field historian

28mm scale

They say an elephant never forgets.  But Quintorius can never seem to recall where his copy of Bulrush's "Lore of the Known Realms" is.  Thankfully, he always has a backup, "Verified Explorations and Accounts" by Ning...

 

This figure is actually a character from "Magic: The Gathering", appearing on a number of cards.  I didn't even know there was an MTG miniature line until I found this guy hiding among the Nolzur's figures at my local store.  Anyway I really like this unarmed, non-aggressive figure; according to the fluff Quintorius is a mage-scholar who explores ancient ruins to discover the history of his people, the Loxodons.



"The long-lost Temple of Contemplation... where to start?"



3 comments:

  1. What a nice work! It may sound like nonsense, but I specially like the expression on his eyes and the whole face. Cool job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take that as high praise, because it's not easy to convey... anything really, with a lot of non-human characters.

      I did put extra effort into his eyes, they're accurate colors for an elephant, and I had a good eye day and was able to paint them right the first time. Including that tiny, tiny dot reflection 😮

      Delete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with Suber ... the work you did on the eyes are magnificent. Of course that's not to say the rest of your work isn't as good because it is. The eyes were amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!