Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Paws-itively Adventurous

Cats & Catacombs - Fighter and Monk
28mm scale

Having unsuccessfully searched the castle library for the necromancer's grimoire or any useful magical items, Sonya and Han were taking a moment to plan their next move when suddenly, the heavy oaken door began to creak open...




A few months ago I snagged a small pack of these amazing Cats and Catacombs figures at my FLGS.  They're AMAZING!  I love cats so really, anything cat-related is a pretty easy sell, but cat versions of D&D characters?  As the meme says, "shut up and take my money".

I had previously painted some "Dungeons and Doggies" figures for a friend, and they went very well, but I felt that I should have done something with the attached bases.  So for these, I snipped the bases off and based them properly, with a bit of dungeon or castle flavour, adding stone floors and the coins and candle (unlit, to spare Sonya's fluffy tail!) beside the stack of books.


 

I'm particularly proud of the fish snack hanging from the monk's belt:




6 comments:

  1. Very cool and great spin on the old traditional character classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, these are great! When you look them closely you notice how detailed these minis are, I believe you made quite an amazing paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I know right? There were many little details that I couldn't figure out until I started painting. Zenithal priming made a big difference for that. But I won't lie, I also consulted others' paint jobs ;)

      Delete
  3. The pile of books alone is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cool part of that figure! It's absolutely why I painted it first.

      I recently picked up some inexpensive Wizkids Deep Cuts wizard accessories, which included... more piles of books! So expect to see those on something else at some point 😄

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!