Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Light show

Firepower

15mm

Aim for the target
With laser and lights
Releasing the trigger
Puts victory in sight

This was a fun one-day project I did last week on a day off work.  The figure is an Alternative Armies "Star Viking" I've had for a while but was never inspired by before.  I just saw it in the pile, and the idea to paint it up with a gun blast effect and OSL just came to me.  The result, I think, is actually pretty badass.


Witch's Cauldron

28mm scale

 

I picked up a couple of WizKids Deep Cuts sets recently: "Witch's Den" and "Wizard's Room".  so now I have a fun assemblage of arcane dungeon dressing that I'll probably use to embellish bases or set up some fun photos.  The coolest item was a cauldron with a clear insert for the "potion" inside!  So I did the obvious :)



 

This was actually pretty easy, just a bit of drilling and positioning to get the LED snug inside.  The hardest part was fitting the wires under the very thin base I used.  I'd suggest a regular 30mm base if you want to make something like this.

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Well, your 'obvious' is our 'out of reach', but apart from that... :D
    No, seriously, that's fantastic, I love what you did here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm pretty sure this LED project is within anyone's abilities. Like I said, I made it harder on myself by having to squeeze it all into it super thin base. But I'm glad you like it, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Awesome stuff! Love that cauldron, very ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!