Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Space Bunny arrivals!

I just got a pretty exciting package in the mail... two crisp resin figures from Space Bunny Arts


I'd been following the slow birth of this new studio for a while and really wanted to support Peter's venture, not to mention get my hands on a couple of his sci-fi figures, suitable for use in whatever space conflict game one might be into :)  These two, "Sola Haru" and "Jehn Kibo" should paint up nicely as "Rule 63" versions of a couple of favourite characters I have painted before.  He's got a few other sculpts as well, they all look great and honestly, only budgetary constraints prevented me from buying the whole set...



6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful sculpts. They remind me of the sculpting style at Hasselfree Miniatures, which is one of my favourite of the modern studios.

    And thanks for introducing me to Rule 63. TV Tropes is a boundless source of wisdom and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV Tropes... aka "I just sucked two hours of your life away"... :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice to see some miniatures with a bit of a different approach, at least when their faces are concerned.
    The resin does look like the brittle kind, what's your experience with these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't painted resin figures in ages... back then the ones I has were quite brittle, but obviously I'm not about to give these a good bend to see how brittle they are ;) They're not "bendy" at any rate. Very crisp sculpts/castings!

      Delete
    2. Hi Wouter, the resin has some flex, while still hard enough to take crisp detail. They're fine for ordinary tabletop play.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!