Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Crate Draggin'

Container Transport
Scale unknown



I don't normally paint spaceship minis, but Ground Zero Games has a pretty nice selection of civilian ship models, so on a whim I picked up a few in my latest order.   I'm not sure what scale this model is supposed to be: if the containers are standard modern sea-container size it could be around 1:700, but that would make the ship pretty small.  I would assume at least 2-3x that.


I decided this cargo hauler looked like a suitable ride for a couple of scruffy-looking characters I'd already painted, with a bit of influence from the amazing 1996 film "Space Truckers" thrown in for good measure.  Maybe one of those containers has square pigs in it!

One of the better effects in the movie, which TBH isn't saying much.

5 comments:

  1. Love the fact you used so many different colours for the containers, very much like the cargo ships in this age.
    The duo is a hilarious rip-off from the Star Wars saga.
    On top of this all, these images are perfectly Photoshopped.
    Top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's exactly the look I was going for! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man - I love the way you added so much colour to that ship. It really pops -- and it really showcases your delightful and distinctive personal style.
    I know you don't play miniature games, but I wonder if you play boardgames. Your ship (and your reference to Space Truckers) reminds me of one of my favourite boardgames, Galaxy Trucker. It's a lot of fun, so long as you enjoy chaos, failure and self-destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do play board games (Catan, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride, Zombies!!!, other usual suspects) when we have the rare chance... never played that one though. I'll have to look it up; maybe one of our local board game cafes has it!

      Glad you like the paint job. As mentioned above I tried to make it a colorful jumble like modern container ships.

      Delete
  3. Great looking minis and wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!