Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Happy little trees

Bob Ross

28mm

"There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend."

"Everyone sees nature through different eyes."


The almighty Bob Ross; TV painter heir to Bill Alexander and the man who taught millions of viewers that art should be enjoyable, and that there are no mistakes, only happy accidents.

I put Bob Ross videos on very often when I'm painting. His calm, soothing, encouraging presence helps me overcome anxieties I have of my own creations, and keeps reminding me that I should be having fun, not stressing about details.

Bob was one of those people who epitomized kindness and compassion. His interest in helping foster animals was one of those things that epitomized this. "Peapod the pocket squirrel" showed up in season 22, but he introduced us to so many little birds and creatures on his show.

This figure is a resin 3D print made from a HeroForge STL I put together.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to such a real life true hero. Fantastic work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it. It was such a thrill to finally be able to paint him 😀. I should add thanks to my supervisor at work who has several 3D printers and kindly printed him for me. She even printed an extra copy!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!