Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Evil Elephant

Chaugnar Faughn

(sort of) 28mm scale

"Originally from a dimension very different from our own, Chaugnar Faugn travelled to Earth in its far distant past.  Chaugnar Faugn appears as a 'statue' made from an unidentifiable element of a disgusting humanoid hybrid creature which combines the very worst aspects of the octopus, elephant, and human being. His proboscoid trunk sports a horrible lamprey-like mouth at the tip, which Chaugnar uses to drain his prey of their essence. This process also causes the victim to slowly transform into the likeness of The Elephant God himself." - Monster Wiki


This monstrosity is a Cthulhu Wars plastic figure.  It was my first paint job done using underpainting, so I painted the whole thing black, dry brushed it in light gray and white, and then glazed over it with thin colors.  I made the gore stretching from its proboscis to its claws using hot glue.



4 comments:

  1. Never heard of this being, but he's typically Cthulhu-nasty! Kind of evil-Ganesha vibe. Love the yellow and that sticky gore/blood effect is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The blood didn't turn out his glossy as I was hoping for, even though I gloss varnished the heck out of it. But I like the stringiness!

      He definitely does have an "evil Ganesha vibe". I charitably ascribe this to the author trying to take something revered and sacred, and imagine its dark mirror. Rather than demonizing the exotic... 🤔😒

      Delete
  2. Eeeek! That's scary as hell! I really like the results, and I'm quite intrigued by the technique, I haven't ever tried that glazing approach, but the model looks totally amazing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did turn out looking rather nice, the yellow is suitably unsavory.

      I was being cheap and didn't want to leave the house, so I made a glazing medium out of flow enhancer and matt varnish, thinned with a bit of water.

      It's all right, but you can buy glazing medium which is probably more optimized. I'm not even sure I could make the same mixture again.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!