Pages

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

The Alien With No Name

Kisathi Gunslinger

28mm

"If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

 


A dusty town... who is this blue-skinned humanoid facing down a notorious bandit, his gun hands twitching?  Nobody knows him... is he a grim heroic figure protecting the innocent from cruelty?  Or just another bounty hunter mercilessly taking down his target?

I recently entered this figure in a painting contest at my local game store, The Dragon.  It didn't win, but I did have a lot of fun conceptualizing the character of an alien spaghetti Western gunfighter and capturing the look I wanted.



His poncho is a piece of "Kimwipes" brand lint-free tissue soaked in PVA glue and paint, and carefully draped over the already-basecoated and shaded figure.  I had to paint over it one it was dry, but pre-tinting it saved a lot of work.  In the end, I think I created a nicely Clint Eastwood "Blondie"-like character...

6 comments:

  1. That poncho looks everso good and right out of a spaghetti western for sure. Excellent paintjob on a very interesting sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't know how the poncho would turn out, but the texture is satisfyingly homespun. And I like how the extra arms look under it. Definitely a cool concept, and fun to paint up.

      Delete
  2. That's quite an interesting model, and the poncho is definitely the icing of the cake. The poncho has become a pop icon by itself, and it really adds a quality to this mini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it certainly has. When I originally Googled it, I got tons of sites wanting to sell me one so I could walk around looking like Blondie 😄

      Glad you like the result here!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good! Nice to see you still painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!