Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Timey Wimey Stuff

The Tenth Doctor

28mm

"Okay, that’s scary."
"You’re scared of a broken clock?"
"Just a bit scared, yeah. Just a little tiny bit. ‘Cause you see, if this clock’s broken—and it’s the only clock in the room…" tick tick tick "Then what’s that? "

 



I've had this great, but sadly OOP, Heresy model of the Tenth Doctor for a while... and recently I heard that David Tennant was returning to play the Fourteenth Doctor.  So, the perfect time to paint this!

With this finished, that leaves only one Doctor model in my unpainted collection... the First.  And his young "granddaughter" Susan, both Black Tree Designs models I bought ages ago.  Maybe I'll paint those up sooner rather than later.  I unfortunately don't have the Second, Sixth-Eighth, or a few of the modern ones.  Good thing I'm not a completist ;)

4 comments:

  1. Marvellous paintjob. I had spotted the mini, but didn't get the chance to buy it. I love what you did here. Allons-y!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His face, sculpt-wise looks to me closer to 11th doctor tho.

    I quite like it but if it was me I'd have went with washed out blue and brown. Nothing screams UK louder than washed out colors 😁

    Hope you had a merry Xmas... I'm still lost into the same mini trying to brush on the perfect specular red light into a true black suit. I turned to be a paint-onanist.

    You know: painting black often turns into something that reads grey instead.

    May the photograph fairy leaves behind good pics of my minis some morning. BC I most likely won't do anytime soon.

    Cheers pal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points. I think I just like that bright blue so much that I did it, regardless of accuracy 😄

      Best of luck with painting "true black".
      It's never easy. Cheerss, javi!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!