Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2022

We Can do It!

Wanda the Welder
28mm

All the day long, whether rain or shine,
She's a part of the assembly line.


"I always tell them how long it will ACTUALLY take to fix up their pile of flying trash... these space cowboys think they can fly in here with life support offline, hull plates falling off, and the engine mounts cracked, and be up in the air again in a day.  Well... it doesn't work that way.  And in business, it never pays to make promises I can't keep".

This great WizKids Starfinder plastic figure is half of a blister pack called "Human Mechanics".  I really like how perfectly greasy and working-class she looks, as well as the fact that the character is completely non-combatant... not all that common.  Not even a holster.


It's an extremely detailed sculpt, but honestly not very crisp.  I had to emphasize details with some strong contrast... which fortunately is my style anyway.  And I didn't get all the mold lines, but oh well.  This line seems to fit in nicely with the Stargrave minis I've been painting recently; it's thinner and more gracile but not enough to appear out of scale.


"I don't normally work on bots, but I'll see what I can do to help you."




4 comments:

  1. Very nice, very clean work on the details of the mini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic Wizkids? No joking, I honestly thought it was metal. You made quite a job, she really stands out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely more obvious if you see it in person. Some bits are faintly bendy and others have that.. plasticy look. Hard to explain. 😄

      Delete
  3. Excellent work ... there is just so much detail on display here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!