Pages

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

15 mm catch-up

Wasteland Witch
15mm

 

 

I'm a little behind on blog posting!   Anyone following my Instagram can see it all there, but I've neglected this site :(

The Wasteland Witch is a great Loud Ninja Games figure, that I got from Alternative Armies in the "Mutants 1" pack.  Perfect for offering post-apocalyptic PCs a side quest, or rare items.  I liked her so much I made her a little hut or hovel to lurk in:


"Seeking answers, you have come!  Yes... about the Before Times!"

 

Robot Hound
15 mm scale

They sent a slamhound on Turner's trail in New Delhi, slotted it to his pheromones and the color of his hair. It caught up with him on a street called Chandni Chauk and came scrambling for his rented BMW through a forest of bare brown legs and pedicab tires. Its core was a kilogram of recrystallized hexogene and flaked TNT.

He didn't see it coming. The last he saw of India was the pink stucco facade of a place called the Khush-Oil Hotel.


An Alternative Armies figure... I added the tail.  Is it a loyal space pooch or a deadly assassination device?  Cyberpunk writers definitely lean to the latter...

Caught at close quarters, they didn't stand a chance...


Soldat de Vide
15 mm



This amazing one-off Steampunk-style Alternative Armies figure caught my eye a while ago, and I'm blown away by it in person.  First, it's just a really cool design; I love the diving-suit-style helmet and old rifle.  But as an Instagram follower said "It looks like 28mm".  I don't take any credit for that, it's such a great quality sculpt that it COULD be bigger and still considered excellent!

If Victorian SF/Steampunk was a slightly larger and less saturated market already, this could easily be the basis for a really cool army...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And you sell yourself short... That Soldat looks extra detailed thanks to your paints! I took a look over the Alternative armies site the other day looking for the Prang. There is so much great stuff there that I'm teetering on an order containing all the stuff I bought in the past but is trapped in UK storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha you will be sucked in. I have foreseen it.

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Keep posting to the blog! I love your work, as always. I just got 5 Parsecs, so looking at 15mm sci fi to fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don' worry, I have some good stuff coming up, I just need to finish it and post it here :)

      Delete
  3. Great painting and extra credit for the Count Zero reference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!