Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Metal Gods

The Void Marauders
15mm

Long ago
we watched the videos
on Headbangers Ball
that's where we learned it all

Wearing Spandex pants
six-string lasers in their hands
synchronized guitars
they laid out the master plan...

The heavy metal life isn't an easy one... long hours traveling, practicing, tuning instruments, worshiping the dark gods of your choice.  But when you get out on the stage and thousands (or for less successful bands, dozens) of screaming fans are "throwing the horns", it's all worth it...

These metal legends are from the "Entertainers" set from Alternative Armies (which I also used for "Dazzler").  I now feel like I should have done something more with the bases, but I just don't know what...


No drummer, no problem.  Rock on!

(The Void Marauders are named in honour of my longtime online acquaintance Spacejacker, who has finally been able to return to Ontario after a lengthy Covid-restriction-related stay in Australia.)

2 comments:

  1. As a metal head I am more than dazzled by this splendid group. The guys with the guitars turned out especially awesome! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Dazzler, one of the most unread comics in Marvel history probably, I had a few, I think a 4 part mini series from the 80s.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!