Pages

Saturday, November 09, 2019

Ossuary Overlord

Skeletor
28 mm

Dust rise, right on over my time
Empty fossil of the new scene
I feel so alone
Gonna end up a big ole pile of them bones



Skeletor... The most villainous, if not the most competent, villain in all of Eternia!  Is he a lich?  A necromancer?  A demon?  A guy wearing a mask?  Nobody knows for sure... But he will not stop his evil plotting until the most potent magic of all - the power of Castle Greyskull - is his to command!

Skeletor is a Quest Miniatures MOTU figure. I modified his booted feet to bare ones, and gave him bracers to reinforce a somewhat sketchy pinning job on his left wrist.

"Uh... I guess you've been going to the gym."

There's so much I could say about this guy... but really, he speaks for himself...


8 comments:

  1. Glorious work on those hues of blue! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, the comparison to this old Heroquest model is hilarious.
    Great work on all these hues and on your conversion work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I hadn't fully appreciated how "swole" the HQ guy is, until I put him next to Skeletor here XD He's a beef cake!

      Delete
  4. Alice in Chains reference? Count me in!

    I'm watching MOTU again and skeletor in the cartoons looks like sometimes has a green tint to its skull. Like the hue leans to yellow instead of bone

    Luv the mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely tried to do that here, compare his face to the ram's skull staff for instance. But I didn't want to go full on ghastly green like on the HQ model :D

      Thanks everyone! Glad you like these!

      Delete
  5. Nice contrast between the blue and violet (or is it azure?) hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!