Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

Canine Conjurer

Cornelius, Golden Retriever Wizard
28mm scale

Misty morning, clouds in the sky
Without warning, the wizard walks by
Casting his shadow, weaving his spell
Funny clothes, tinkling bell


A coworker recently showed me something pretty cool: she had backed the "Animal Adventures: Tales of Dungeons and Doggies" Kickstarter!  She recently received 13 lovely fantasy adventurer dog figures in the classic character classes: wizard, monk, fighter, bard, paladin, druid and so on.  Naturally, I offered to paint one for her: this classic magic user complete with battered Gandalf-style hat and spell books.  It's a really lovely set, especially considering they're plastic figures.


"All right, calm down there Shardik.  How about a nice Cure Light Wounds spell?"

7 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it! Seriously, cracking work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same set I want to paint up for my brother's birthday.
    I seriously doubt mine will look as good as yours though, he looks amazing!
    How did you get rid of all these pesky mould lines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The hardest part was trying for that rich, complex golden retriever coat colour... Some ancient GW Bronzed Flesh helped almost capture it.

      I actually didn't do much cleanup on this guy. Mold lines weren't as bad as a lot of plastics, so I just trimmed down the most obvious ones.

      Delete
    2. That's a great tip, cheers.
      Mould lines on a couple of mine were really bad (don't remember if they we're on this particular model), obscuring details, running over faces and all that.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!