Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Undersea Boat

The Nautilus
scale unknown

“I am not what you call a civilised man! I have done with society entirely, for reasons which I alone have the right of appreciating. I do not, therefore, obey its laws, and I desire you never to allude to them before me again!”




This unusual model is actually a game piece from the board game "Nemo's War", painted for a friend.  She requested I follow the box art as closely as possible, and I think the resulting deep aqua turned out quite well.  This is a small piece, under 50mm long, but with very good detail for a board game token.

Looks like fun!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, I'm sure she'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual representation of the Nautilus.
    I love the way you painted it though.
    The glossy finish makes it look very organic.
    The ship could easily represent a spaceship too, so it might be worth picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look organic... I don't think it's available except for in the board game, but I have it on good authority that the game is enjoyable!

      Glad you guys like it, thanks :D

      Delete
  3. Any input about how the game is? It's about to be published in my country.

    The piece looks really fisheye. Awesome indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has good reviews on Boardgamegeek. I'll ask my friend for a specific opinion and get back to you :). Thanks!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!