Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

A sucker born every minute

"Kraken" game piece
no scale


I'm happy to say I finished the "Abyss" Kraken game piece in record time!  It helps that it's only three colours, all based on the same blue shade to tie it together... but still.  That's a lot of suckers!  I wanted a murky but richly-colored deep-sea look so I tried to avoid my usual near-white highlights here.  It's a bit shiny; I gave it a durable (I hope) satin clear coat to keep it looking good for many plays.  Fun, and a bit different :)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice cold colours there. The miniature is quite nice too, I was not familiar with that range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it's not a range... just this sculpt comes with the game.

      Delete
  2. All these suckers would have driven me crazy, but it was definitely worth it.
    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this one rocks! I love that dark blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like I don't use blue enough. So this was encouraging :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!