Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Lord of battle I pray on bended knee

Barbarian Adventurer and Witch
15 mm



While I generally don't paint a lot of fantasy subjects (do I?), I recently picked up a pack of Copplestone's 15mm "Barbarica" figures I've had my eye on for a while.  And they're great!  Classic characterful sculpts just over-the-top enough to qualify squarely as non-historical...  The "Northlander Characters" pack has a mix of burly warriors and primeval shaman types, so I started with one of each.

"You can take him!  I've seen much bigger ones around here..."
(Wolf monster courtesy of @winnipegmichael)

10 comments:

  1. Those are lovely, Copplestone is a master sculptor really.

    I have painted some of his 10mm range and it's as gorgeous as you might expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cheetor! Indeed they are excellent models. I just finished a bunch of the 10's too.

      With their primordial beefiness, these guys could actually make good giants in 10 mm scale. Hmm...

      Delete
  2. Characterful is the right word. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work. They really scream Conan! Or maybe even Korgoth of Barbaria (If you don't know this you HAVE to watch it on Youtube)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, theyre far too attractive for Korgoth. Not enough pustules.

      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Ahhhhh... a true adept. The golden goblin shall be yours!

      Delete
  4. Wow, the way you tackled the details on miniatures this small is incredible.
    They look outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Copplestone Barbarica figures. Your work with these is sensational. I started out using them to create an army for HoTT, but now it has expanded into a complete army for Sword and Spear Fantasy. There a lots of posts about them on my blog https://hippolytastinyfootsteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, and the link; I'm not much of a fantasy genre painter but I always appreciate others' work and inspiration :D

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!