Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Masters of Horror

To my great excitement, these two figures just arrived from the Bears Head Miniatures Gallery Series Kickstarter.  There are a lot of nice offerings in this KS; I appreciated the variety and the impressive sculpting mojo.  But I managed to restrain myself and buy only two figures:



That's right! Edgar Allan Poe and HP Lovecraft, two of the most notable writers in the history of horror fiction, and so far the only authors in my collection.  At least until someone does a miniature of Margaret Atwood, that is.  I want to try and paint HPL (the "cultist" version, the "mythos investigator" was a surprise bonus!) as soon as I can, I have a fun idea for him. But I won't let Poe languish under the floorboards with my lead pile, either...

6 comments:

  1. Very nice acquisitions, Mr. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I somehow missed hearing about this kickstarter, will have to keep an eye out for them at Salute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a second Bears Head KS underway for a bunch of impressive wild animal sculpts...

      Delete
  3. Well, if you're only going to get two figures, those are the two to get. Can't wait to see what you do with HPL.

    When I was younger, my brother and I played at Call of Cthulhu campaign, and one of his characters was a frail writer of strange fiction named Phillip Howard Lowcrow. Only now, however, have we found the perfect miniature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.H. Lowcrow... Love it! But yeah, this sort of quirky niche figure didn't use to be nearly as common...

      I have a cool plan for Howard here. I think it won't disappoint ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!