Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Danger Doctor

PPP Combat Medic
15 mm


The armed factions of human space place a high value on military medics, who are equipped with nanite injections, flesh plast, and organ stabilizers to treat wounds inflicted by numerous exotic weapons.  In keeping with the PPP's philosophy that enemy warfighters are themselves victims of their commanders' imperialist aggression, PPP medics are unarmed and will treat any wounded they encounter on the battlefield.

I sculpted some nice flippy hair on to the bald, male medic in the Planetary Militia command set to produce this now-female character.  I think it was a good idea, since honestly I felt "he" had a bit of a scrawny head originally.

"This is the third case of Arcturian space herpes I've seen today.  Honestly, guys!"

11 comments:

  1. Nice painting, Mr. M. And a great conversion-touch to introduce a female trooper into the PM mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, both the conversion and the paintjob look great. The comment under the bottom photo made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sculpting, especially on a 15mm figure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this turned out. To be honest, I just thought it was a long-haired dude (!), making it have that Rogue Trader vibe, which I like so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a long haired dude too. Honestly, most figures' gender is not obvious at this scale unless certain secondary sex characteristics are hugely exaggerated by the sculptor. Which seems pretty, I dunno, awkward at times.

      Delete
    2. " unless certain secondary sex characteristics are hugely exaggerated by the sculptor."

      I think that pretty much goes on in most model sizes in most genres (sci-fi, fantasy, westerns, ect)! I'm not a big fan of that myself. If I feel awkward showing a fig to my wife, then it is not going on the game table. :-)

      Delete
    3. A solid philosophy, that. Glad you think (s)he has a "Rogue Trader vibe" by the way, that's definitely a compliment :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful painting on an interesting figure. Non-coms are inevitably so much more interesting than yet another man/woman/Arcturian with a gun and space herpes.

    I love the pop in the helmet visor and the medical "+".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!